Tuscany Yoga Retreat
TUSCANY YOGA RETREAT
WITH MA LOCHANA & IAN DARRAH
THE ONE WEEK TRIP INCLUDES:
¨ 6 nights at Villa Poggiarello, near Siena, in a picturesque 18th Century Villa. The villa is beautifully furnished with traditional Tuscan furniture.
¨ All meals as indicated in the itinerary.
¨ Like-minded small yoga group
¨ Daily yoga classes, pranayama, meditation, philosophy & satsang with Ma & Ian
¨ Hands-on cooking courses in “La Cucina Povera Toscana” – Tuscan country cooking.
¨ Guided excursions to Grossetto, Siena, Talamone (gorgeous seaside village with lookout tower), Porto Ercole, Porto Santo Stefano and Castiglione della Pescaia (a fishing village on the seacoast).
¨ Fire ceremony
¨ All transportation (to and from Rome).
- DAY 1 (SAT) – Meet in Rome & transfer to Villa Poggiarello.
Fly to Italy. Upon arrival at the airport of Rome, you will be accompanied by car or van to Roccastrada and then welcomed at your retreat residence – Villa Poggiarello. After settling in, your tour hosts will show you around the estate! Then you can either relax in the garden or take a walk around the enchanting outdoor ambiance amidst warm vineyards and olive groves. For dinner you will enjoy a Tuscan meal prepared by local chef. Evening meditation.
- DAY 2 (SUN) – Full yoga day with evening dinner & walk in Grosseto *dinner not included
- DAY 3 (MON) – Yoga Day Program until 3pm & Castiglione della Pescaia
After afternoon yoga, you will enjoy a trip to the seacoast to the pretty seaside village of Castiglione della Pescaia. This old village stands up high on a hill with its castle looking over the turquoise bay. You will enjoy a tasty dinner at a local restaurant. *dinner not included
- DAY 4 (TUE) – Yoga Day Program until 11am & Siena In the late morning, after your breakfast, you’ll set off for Siena. You will visit the famous Piazza del Campo, the main square where the people from Siena (“i Senesi”) organize, twice a year, a medieval horse race known as Il Palio. Facing the square there is the beautiful tour Torre del Mangia, where if you wish, you can climb up to the top to admire a marvelous view of the city. You can also visit the Duomo which is a gothic style cathedral. At the end of the morning, you will have lunch in a quaint restaurant in Piazza del Campo. Once home, and after having rested, you can prepare with Ma Lochana a healthy Tuscan dinner (cooking lesson).
- DAY 5 (WED) – Full yoga day & relax at Villa Poggiarello Fire ceremony & prepare Pizza at Villa Poggiarello (cooking lesson). Evening meditation.
- DAY 6 (THR) – Yoga Day Program until 11am & Mediterranean Sea: Argentario (Porto S. Stefano, Porto Ercole & Talamone) *lunch not included
For your last day, you will get to experience the finest seaside villages Tuscany has to offer. The coastal cuisine here is delicious to the point that no words can describe. Many wealthy Italians, especially the super wealthy, crave hideaways, and this is for them. Exactly 150 km north of Rome, Argentario is an Italian version of the American Martha's Vineyard, but with better food and older money. Just three small strips of land, one of them a 7-km-long nature preserve, connect the 6,000-hectare mountain to the mainland. Spain controlled Monte Argentario in the 16th century and built an imposing series of stone fortresses and lookout towers along the Mediterranean water. Some of them have been converted into classy homes and apartments: solid dwellings for a solid crowd. In the evening, you will enjoy your farewell dinner at Villa Poggiarello.
- DAY 7 (FRI) – Departure
Enjoy your final breakfast at Villa Poggiarello before heading back to Rome.